Friday, August 19, 2011

K's Totoro

My sister-in-law asked me a couple of months ago if I could make a Totoro for K-Bear's third birthday.  Her party is tomorrow, and this happy little guy just can't wait to jump out of his packaging and make new friends.

It's my understanding that Totoro creatures are, by nature, outdoorsy types.  He seemed a little nervy about going into the packaging that K will rip him out of, so I took him outside for a little bit of frolicking beforehand.










Totoro had a great time romping around in the garden, and now he's excited to move on to his new life in Ohio.

Good luck, Totoro!  Take good care of The Bear for us.  :)

2 comments:

  1. That is so adorable!! You need to sell this type of thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!!! Totoro in his natural environment. K has been toting him around with her everywhere. He went to church, a friends house, the store, basically everywhere she goes. Which leads me to ask, I'm assuming he's surface washable only, yes? Thanks again for the new friend! We love him =D Btw, I wonder if you could somehow modify a pattern like this one to make yourself a Stitch...

    ReplyDelete