Thursday, August 23, 2012

Work in Progress: Lacy Checkered Afghan

Hey, y'all!

Long time, no see.  This has been a busy summer at our little yellow house, and I realize I've been neglecting you.  Not to worry...you're not alone.  I just sat down and replied to a couple of emails that were over a month old.

I guess it's time to catch up, eh?

Even though summer isn't always the most comfortable time to crochet, I've completed a few things since I last posted, and I have more in progress.  I'll post the completed projects after they've been given to their new owners - wouldn't want to ruin any surprises! - but in the meantime, here's a sneak-peek at a current work in progress:



These grey and purple motifs are almost 12" square, and I'll be joining 25 of them together to make a checkerboard afghan.  I'm using bulky acrylic yarn that I got through a trade, and I think the combo of the bulky yarn and the lacy motif will make this blankie quite interesting.  I'm about halfway to the finish line on this one...stay tuned for more pics of the completed project!


See you soon,
One Crafty Broad

No comments:

Post a Comment