Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Bobbles and Cables Bag

Hey, y'all!

Holy poop on toast...Thanksgiving is tomorrow!  I can't believe how the time is flying.

Now, I'm assuming you are familiar with my purse obsession, especially given that about 1/2 of what I've posted on here is purses.  What you may not know is that I love big bags in funky colors.  Oranges, turquoises, hot pinks...for me, no color is taboo when it comes to purses.

Browsing through the local shops earlier this fall, I fell in love with quite a few mustard-colored leather bags.  You know, the ones that feel like butter and cost as much as a car?  Yeah.  Those.

Since I can't exactly justify spending a mortgage payment or two on a bag, I thought I'd raid the ol' stash and buy some new handles.



This project also helped me to begin the process of overcoming my fear of sewing.  I've never lined my bags in the past, but I think that's going to change...and soon...based on how well this one turned out.




Whaddaya think?  I may be in love.


Yarn: Caron no-dye-lot one-pound skeins in off-white and mustard yellow (100% acrylic)
Hook: Aluminum M
Handles: Nylon with braided detail from Jo-Ann
Lining: Modified standard pillowcase.  Oh, yes.  I did.
Total Project Cost (if I bought everything full-price and new): about $25-30 plus time



'Til next time,
OCB

No comments:

Post a Comment