Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Corny the Unicorn Amigurumi Plush

Hey, y'all!

(Jello - you might not want to look at this with K-Bear around...don't want to spoil the surprise! )

If you're not already aware of The Hubbs' comic strip, you've apparently been living under a rock or you've bumped your head.  It seems like Sam the Dragon is all I talk about these days.

We have a 4-year-old niece who is absolutely in love with the characters from Sam the Dragon.  For her birthday this year, I made her a stuffed Sam.  For Christmas, she'll be getting Sam's bestest bud, Corny the Unicorn.

If you're not already familiar with the boys, here's a photo from a recent camping trip of theirs:

And here's the stuffed Corny that I've made especially for our little buddy, K.



 




I'm absurdly happy with how this little guy turned out.  When I made Sam for K's birthday in August, I wasn't entirely happy with the head and eyes...but it looks like I've corrected that issue with the Corny prototype.  I think I'll be making at least a couple sets of these guys in the near future.

For those who may be interested, I used Red Heart Super Saver acrylic yarn, embroidery floss for the nose and mouth, safety eyes and polyester fiber filling.  All of the stitching was done by hand using an aluminum G hook.  Corny measures just over a foot tall including his horn, and the widest part of his tummy is a little less than four inches across.

Here's hopin' all of your holiday crafting projects are going smoothly...only thirteen more days until Christmas!


'Til next time,
OCB

2 comments:

  1. Oh. My. GOSH!!! I love him!!! Corny is SO cute! K is going to love him to smooches :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yayyy! I'm so glad you like him. Can't wait to see you guys this weekend. :)

      Delete