Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Lacy Bedspread: Completed!

And this post, my friends, could be alternately titled, "FINALLY." 

Let the record show that today, January 25, 2012, I completed my first motif project.  Holy crap balls, did this thing take forever, but it was worth it. 

I have a feeling it won't be my last motif project, either.  Not by a long shot.  While it lacked the whole instant gratification factor of the smaller projects I've previously completed, there's something satisfying about putting all the little pieces together to make something ginormous.

So, without further ado, I present the completed lacy bedspread.

View of the details, from the foot of our bed
See?  It covers the whole darn thing!  Bonus.  :)

I think this may be my favorite shot so far of the completed bedspread.

Our bed is a queen, and the bedspread is constructed completely out of Lion's Pound of Love baby yarn in antique white.  I believe there are 69 squares, including the giant one in the center.  The border is simple double crochet, and I'm really happy I didn't try anything fancier.  There's enough detail in the bedspread itself without adding frilly poopers on the edges.

In case you can't tell, I'm pretty happy with it.  Not bad for a first foray into motifs, creating my own and winging it much of the time, eh?  Whaddaya think?

2 comments:

  1. Yay!!! I kept wondering when you'd post pictures of this. It's beautiful, Sis :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jello! I couldn't be happier with how it turned out. It's a little cold at night to use it on the bed yet, but that's just something to look forward to.

      Delete