Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Purses in Progress

I know I'm not the only one trying to figure out a more economical solution for round, wooden purse handles...someone out there has to have an idea.  My problem is that the 9" rattan hoops from Jo-Ann Fabrics are so darned expensive; I just can't afford to keep them on hand.

And so, until I come up with a brilliant idea, my completed Super-Fat bags look like this:


Not exactly ideal, but it's working out so far.  I figure I'll stash a few dollars away when I can, and each of these will get handles when I can afford to get them.

In the mean time, does anyone have any brilliant ideas for me?  The hoops I'm buying at the retail store are either $5.99 or $6.99 a set.  I'd love to hear any suggestions you may have.

1 comment:

  1. I looked online just to see if I could find anything and there was one store that came up that seemed like you could buy them for cheaper in a bit of a bulk deal but of course they were out of stock. Maybe see if you can find 40% off coupons and stock up then?

    ReplyDelete