Sunday, September 12, 2010

Crochet Wine Charms

A good friend of mine got married in Maui back in May.  He and his new bride threw their wedding reception over Labor Day weekend, and I wracked my brain for weeks trying to come up with an appropriate hand-made gift. 

If it was a gal friend, the possibilities would be endless.  There are all sorts of cute girly things you can make as wedding keepsakes for the fairer sex.  But boys...boys are tougher.  I didn't want anything overly feminine, or anything too traditional.  R and D are more on the modern side, as opposed to The Hubbs and myself, who tend to be very traditional in our tastes.

I really wanted to come up with the perfect gift, but I kept finding myself at a loss.  Finally, I decided to try my hand at wire crochet with beads, making this set of wine charms.

Here's the closest shot I could get of all eight wine glass charms, each with their own distinct design:

And one larger version for the wine bottle itself:

Here's a shot of the whole shebang, including the wine and glasses, right before I packed it up for wrapping:


Not too bad for my first venture into the wide world of wire crochet, if I do say so myself.  I'm proud of how these turned out, and now I'm excited to try out some different jewelry techniques.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment