Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Lancaster Quilt from Crochet Today

Hey, y'all!

Crochet Today! is the one print subscription I receive, and it's more than just a subscription for me...it's an addiction.  Remember how exciting it was to get mail when you were a kid?  I literally do a happy dance every time this magazine shows up in my mailbox.

That being said, I tend to make a lot of projects out of this particular periodical.  Today's project is the Lancaster Quilt throw blanket by Katherine Eng, which was featured in the November/December 2011 issue of the magazine.





Believe it or not, I followed the pattern exactly on this one.  The only changes I made were the colors.  The finished throw measures roughly 48" square and makes a great lap blanket.

We've just redecorated our living room, and I wanted to make some throws and other small pieces to help tie in some of the colors we've kept from the old scheme.  The variegated Red Heart Super Saver yarn in "Autumn" happened to have all of the colors I wanted, and I love the way it turned out.

Oh, and for those of you who aren't already acquainted with Butterscotch, he's one of my daughter's best friends.  A beloved uncle gave Butterscotch to The Princess for Christmas this past December, and he has quickly become an integral part of the family.  The only challenge is getting him to give up my favorite chair so I can crochet comfortably.  ;)


'Til next time,
OCB

3 comments:

  1. Looks great! The perfect lap throw for the worlds biggest bear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been looking everywhere for the pattern for this Lancaster Quilt! Do you know where I can find it? Thank you in advance

    ReplyDelete