Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Massaging Soap Savers

Hey, y'all!

Christmas on a budget is never easy, but I was really excited about these little gifts this year.  I made one for everyone in my office and all the gals in the immediate family.
















I originally saw these on Moogly's blog and made them what I thought was loosely based on her pictures.  Turns out all I really changed was the number of bumps on the front side.  For the original pattern from Moogly, click here.

Each soap saver is crocheted by hand using 100% cotton yarn and an H hook.  They're just the right size for a bar of soap, and each one has 15 little massaging bumps on one side.  I used scraps from old projects, and one of the fabulous things about the construction of this is that there is virtually no waste.  Oh, and they cost me nothing in materials, though I did have to buy the soap to put in them.

We use ours at home for old soap chunks...you know, the ones that are too big to throw out but too small to use effectively by themselves?  We're all about reducing waste around here, seeing as how we can never even seem to remember to take our garbage cans out to the street.  :)

'Til next time,
OCB

No comments:

Post a Comment