Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Moogly's Artfully Simple Infinity Scarf

Hey, y'all!

I'm gonna try something new here in 2013.  I tend to use a lot of free online patterns for inspiration and to make the actual projects.  Starting now, when I use someone else's pattern that I found online, I'll link to it so you can make one of your own.  Deal?

I may even start publishing some of my own patterns...stay tuned for updates on that front.

First up is Moogly's Artfully Simple Infinity Scarf.  I chose to make this in a luxurious ribbon yarn I've had in my stash forever...it seemed like it would be the perfect use for a special yarn.






I also chose to omit the button-tie, not because I didn't love it, but because I ran out of yarn.  I love the versatility of this piece; it can be worn so many different ways.

And if you're not already following Moogly's blog, I have one question for you: WHY?


'Til next time,
OCB

8 comments:

  1. Wow, thanks so much! That ribbon yarn is gorgeous, I love it. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful!! I follow Moogly on FB and Pinterest! She is awesome! Love her patterns and roundups! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also made this - with a sport yarn and size H hook. What size hook did you use and what was you starting chain? I made mine much smaller - as a cowl/scarf, but love the way yours turned out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is a sport-weight ribbon yarn, and I used a K hook. My starting chain was 210, and I pretty much followed the pattern exactly for this particular project. I just love how stretchy and versatile the finished piece is.

      Delete
  4. I love the versatility of it - so many ways to wear one item. Nice :)

    ReplyDelete