Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Repeat Crafter Me's Owl Ear Flap Hats

Hey, y'all!

If you couldn't tell, it was a bit of a hand-made Christmas around here...just the way I like it!  One of my favorite gifts to give was this set of owl ear flap hats, which went to JAKE - my sis-in-law and her brood.

I found the pattern through Repeat Crafter Me, another blog I've recently discovered and come to love.





Each hat is hand-crocheted using acrylic yarn and an I hook.  All components are made from yarn, so there's nothing to it if you've got scraps in your stash like I do.

I'm looking forward to doctoring up this process to make different animals in the future.


'Til next time,
OCB

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Oh, don't you worry...your ear flaps will be featured here in their own post. Mwah-ha-ha!

      Delete
  2. Oh man, you should see how A has started wearing his hat. First off, he wears it constantly - to and from work daily, sometimes during work, and sometimes to bed "just because it's comfy." But lately, in order to avoid getting the plague from the sickies on the train, he's wearing it upside down over his face, like a feed bag. But with the design of the eyes and the green color, the first time I saw him come off the train with it like that, it looked just like a gas mask. I snort-laughed at him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please, please, please take a picture of the feedbag/gas mask. I *MUST* see this!

      Delete
  3. Just wanted to let you know that I went to Repeat Crafter Me's blog and holy crapper! I love that site!!! There are SO many things I want to do/make on there and SO many things I want you to crochet for me ;) (but seriously, there is.)

    ReplyDelete