Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Striped Ear Flap Hats

Hey, y'all!

Back to the Christmas presents!  You didn't think I was done, did you???

Pop, Hambone and The Hubbs aren't exactly the wear-a-fuzzy-creature-on-your-head kind of guys, but I wanted to make hats for them just like I did for JAKE.  My solution: make the same basic pattern in a two-tone stripe without all of the extra doodads.

They loved 'em.  I'm super-entertained by the fact that they all made goofy faces and played around with the ear flaps.  The Hubbs was the only one who left 'em down for his picture, and I'm glad someone did...it's nice to have shots of them both ways.  :)

Pop

Hambone

The Hubbs


Each hat has been crocheted by hand using acrylic yarn and an I hook.  These, too, were made using scraps from previous projects, and I'm always excited to use up leftover yarn.

I also made one for The Hubbs' best friend, but - alas - I didn't get a chance to snap a photo of him before he left.  Rest assured, good ol' Uncle D knows how to make goofy faces just like the rest of the boys.


'Til next time,
OCB

1 comment: