Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Fat Bottom Bag...On Steroids

So...

I was issued a challenge by one of my daughter's therapists last week: two of her family members fell in love with her Fat Bottom Bag, but they wanted it bigger.  I came home and thought about it, finally coming to the conclusion that the best way to accomplish this would be to use a large hook and two strands of yarn.

Well, whaddaya think? How'd it turn out?



The second photo shows the new, bigger bag next to the original to illustrate the size difference.  Not too bad for a first attempt at enlarging, if I do say so myself.

This purple beauty measures approximately 16" wide by 9" tall and 9" deep.  The handles (9" rattan hoops) and flower have been beefed up to match the scale of the larger bag as well.

Since this was a custom order, it will not be listed in my Etsy shop.  However, custom versions are available for $30.  Let me know your preferences, and I'll get crackin' on a special one-of-a-kind bag just for you.

3 comments:

  1. That looks GREAT!!! And I really love the purple colors. Very well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Jello! I'm happy to report Miss Cyndi loved it, and she's excited about the colors I've chosen for the next one...that's right...she ordered two. On top of her original Fatty. Bonus!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that's awesome! Gratties =D

    ReplyDelete